Friday, June 11, 2010

Tav Falco's Panther Burns







I snapped this picture the only time I ever saw Tav Falco's Panther Burns. He was sort of a local legend, having put his band together in the orbit of other Memphis artists and cult heroes like Alex Chilton, William Eggleston, and Ross Johnson.


To my eternal regret, I was too young to participate in the scene surrounding the Antenna Club in 80's era Memphis. By the time I was truly in the know, Tav's shows were few and far between. Eventually he left Memphis altogether for France. I still listen to Tav's records and continue to admire the artist and his unique brand of southern rock 'n roll. 

The following is a vivid account of Tav's music and varied history --

"Inside the Invisible Empire" by Richard A. Pleuger from "Arthur" magazine 2006
inside a suburban development - Cordova, TN

No comments:

Post a Comment